Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Week 26-28 - September



We made it to week 26 on the 8th. I had my normal Friday u/s on the 11th with Jay. Haven & Jackson were looking great and had grown over the past 2 weeks. Jackson was weighing 2 lbs. 3 oz. and Haven at 2 lbs. Haven's measurements were a little harder to get though because she is so low. Dr Koster said she weighed at least 2 but maybe a couple oz. more with a better head measurement. Hoping as she gets bigger she moves up a little bit! We tried doing a 3D u/s of them, but yet again Haven was too low to see her sweet face. Jackson had both arms and hands on his face. We could barely see in between his hands. We could tell at one point where he was opening and closing his mouth. It was really neat! My cervix was pretty stable. It only went down to 23 from 24 and had stayed at this my past 2 appts. We were very happy with that! Even though I have uterine irritability constantly, I have not had to have any extra meds to stop contractions.

My next appointment was on Tuesday the 15th, Jay was not able to be with me, but my mom was with me that day. Dr. Koster was doing my routine measurements and switched on the 3D. We saw Jackson immediately! He had moved his hands out of the way finally and she wanted to catch that while we could. So we got a beautiful picture of Jackson (above). So far everyone has said he looks just like Jay. =) We tried to get another u/s on Friday the 18th, and one of Haven this time but she was still too low and Jackson had his hands up again.

This blog includes a couple of weeks, as I did not do my weekly update last week. Please forgive me. =)

We officially made it to 28 weeks on the 22nd, which was a big goal for us and our doctors. My appt. that day was good, everything stable as it has been. We had our second appt. of the week today and it was again really good. Cervix stable at 24cm. and both babies growing so much! Both Jackson & Haven are at 3 lbs. each! They measure a week ahead of schedule at a due date of 12/8 instead of 12/15. Jackson is in the 70th percentile of gestational age and has really long legs! Haven is in the 80th percentile and her tummy was measuring the biggest of everything. =) Along with their excellent growth, their hearts, brains and blood flow look great too!

After our appointment today, Jay was taking me back to my room and took me on a little detour. Don't tell my Dr=)!!! I have a window in my room where I can see the sky, but I haven't felt fresh air since being in the hospital. Unless you count the transfer in to and out of the ambulance back into the hospital. So today we went out the front of the hospital and spent about 5 minutes out in the wonderful 62 degree, blue sky weather. It was amazing and the biggest highlight of my time on bed rest, not directly related to the babies that is. =) Thank you Jay!

My Dr. was very pleased with this progress but has quickly shifted her focus to our next goal of 32 weeks. That is definitely a big goal of mine as well, but I take it 2 weeks at a time. Once we make it to 34 weeks, if everything is stable, we were told that we would be released to go home to deliver in Tyler!

We are so thankful for all of our family and friends. This has been an amazing time in our lives. We know God is always with us and it has been so evident. I personally am learning that He is always so very evident but I let life get in the way. My personal prayer is to remember this when I am no longer having to be so still. Thank you as always for your prayers thoughts and support. We are making it slowly but surely to our goals every week!

1 comment:

Denise Lauren said...

glad everything is going so well! :)